Reviews of St Milburga Chapel
Reviews are taken from our Visitor Book, Google, and any of the booking sites we are listed with.
Lisa & Jeremy – November 2023 – Visitor Book
Perfect 3 day quiet getaway. Can recommend the walks from Carding Mill Valley along the Long Mynd. Beautiful on a sunny autumn day!
The Mallaburns – October 2023 – Visitor Book
Another brilliant stay in this little gem!
Pauline & Jennifer – August 2023 – Visitor Book
My daughter and I have enjoyed staying in your lovely chapel. It is also easy access to visit my other daughter and family who live in Ludlow. Thank you for the welcome gifts. Pauline & Jennifer, Kent
Anthony – August 2023 – Airbnb – 5 star review
beautiful updated Chapel. lots of character. Host was brilliant always there for support. Will be booking again.
Review – August 2023 – Visitor Book
Visitors decided to record practicalities for the next visitors – Family of 2 adults and a teenage son
- Sainsbury’s – stocked up on the night we arrived (Friday) as it is open until 9pm
- Drove into Ludlow – 60p for an hour parking at Upper Galdeford car park
- China Garden Chinese takeaway – you pass it on your way in to Ludlow if you’re heading to the above car park – lively takeaway meal and clearly very popular with the locals – we waited 10 minutes – 3 pop-ins and 4 telephone orders in that time – good for vegetarians – menu in drawer
- Shrewsbury Castle – 1 hour drive – if following SATNAV do not turn left outside the chapel – go the other way! We did one escape room and then a self – guided tour – early good afternoon – we were there about 4 hour total including a coffee and cake stop. Booked online. Car park near to it is big – Howard Street – but be careful if SATNAV sends you up Beacall’s Lane – V narrow for a van or large car
- Riverside Inn at Cound – had a nice meal on way back from Shrewsbury – we booked online – veggie roast option which was lovely
- Stokesay Castle in the rain – quite a small site, nice tea room, couple of hours spent – amazing historical site, English Heritage
- Ate at Chang Thai in Ludlow, booked online, they had a couple of walk-ins but busy. V good and again good for vegetarians
- Ludlow Castle – not English Heritage – near the market in Ludlow. Good afternoon spent here, lots of spiral staircases to explore, take the green A4 book with you from the drawer
- Ate at the Queens, Ludlow, we called in during the day and booked it for that night. Food was good pub grub, 2 good veggie choices
- Had a lovely wander around Ludlow – lots of small local shops and a market with an eclectic mix
- CSONS – by the river – went here for brunch, booked online and sat in the terrace, lots of families playing in the river, walked back via the footpath along the castle walls
- Blists Hill Victorian Town – spent a half a day here – good place to go.
We’ve had a great week – mixed weather but planned around it. Fans [in the chapel] v welcome as we got really hot. Also loved the front door and key! Would love to know the history of the building [we’ll be adding this shortly – it is very interesting!].
The Hopwoods – June 2023 – Visitor Book
Enjoyed immensely our stay at St Milburga Chapel – spotlessly clean and comfortable, and such a tranquil location. We took the opportunity to tour (by car and on foot) a beautiful area, which was new to us. Stokesay Castle is a gem, as were the pretty villages of Clun, Bishops Castle and (further afield) Tenbury Wells. It’s well worth calling in at the SIlent Hills Discovery Centre at Craven Arms, too. Thank you for accommodating us – DIOLCH YN FAWR! The Hopwoods.
The Dixons – June 2023 – Visitor Book
Absolutely gorgeous week! One of the most comfortable & well-equipped holiday cottages we have stayed in. Enjoyed the beautiful Shropshire countryside & absolute peace and quiet of St Milburga’s. Had front door open all week and eaten outside. Passing locals very friendly and made us feel welcome. Will look forward to a return visit. The Dixons, Hampshire
Patsy & Paul – June 2023 – Visitor Book
We have had a wonderful stay in your beautiful chapel. The furnishings and fittings are amazing. It has been a most relaxing holiday. Lashings of very hot water, outstanding shower, every facility you need, fast and faultless wifi, best ever stay anywhere! Thank you, Paul & Patsy, Manchester
Millie – May 2023 – Airbnb – 5 star review
The perfect stay. Cosy, clean and had everything we needed. The local produce was a lovely and delicious touch.
Lisa O – May 2023 – Tripadvisor – 5 star review
Beautiful spot, perfect for travel into Ludlow, gorgeous place , great for couples, friends or families. Visited here with friends for a relaxing weekend away, wow! What a beautiful spot, in the middle of the countryside with gorgeous views but very close to Ludlow, 15 mins in the car. The chapel is beautiful, has everything you need, the shower in the bathroom is INCREDIBLE!! Beds are very comfortable and the owners have thought of everything , even leaving little treats in the freezer 🥰 we were able to buy shopping in and it had everything needed for storing and cooking food. We also visited Ludlow which had a gorgeous market! Will certainly be back!
Anna – May 2023 – Tripadvisor – 5 star review
Amazing lovely cottage, quiet location – stayed here with three friends for a relaxing weekend walking, shopping, eating and drinking. Perfect location, quiet hamlet, ideally situated for a trip into Ludlow. Cottage had everything we could need (and more) and the welcome pack was a lovely surprise. Can’t wait for our next visit!
T & M – April 2023 – Visitor Book
Please thank the owners for leaving us the treats, which we enjoyed very much. The Chapel is warm & comfortable and we have enjoyed our stay.
Mr & Mrs McNamara – April 2023 – Visitor Book
A lovely cosy cottage and well equipped. Ludlow and National Trust properties are within easy reach. We had a nice meal at the Chang Thai restaurant in Ludlow. We hope to come again later in the year.
Mr Nosworthy – April 2023 – Google Review – 5 star
Very comfortable, cosy, with a perfect balance of modern decor and old world charm.
Rooms: 2 loft rooms. 1 double and 2 single beds
Nearby activities: Fantastic base for walking, and exploration.
Highlights: Quiet, Great value
Mr & Mrs Webster – March 2023 – Google Review – 5 star
Our first visit to Shropshire – other than driving through to get to Wales! Lovely county. We tried Walk 9 – Clee Liberty to Nordy Bank … the views were lovely! Overall a well stocked and prepared holiday home. Thank you.
Rooms: A cosy converted Chapel with well thought through provision of equipment.
Nearby activities: Ludlow was a lovely nearby town.
Walkability: Lovely walks directly from the Chapel front door.
Noteworthy details: Everything for housekeeping was generously provided for our complete stay.
NB We have collated below the reviews taken by Sykes Cottages and Hoseasons for St Milburga Chapel pre-2022. These relate to the chapel before it was purchased by and renovated by its current owners in 2022.
Mr McGregor 2021
” A lovely cottage and an excellent host who was there when need. Very comfortable and well thought out. Designed by a famous TV specialist. All in all a fabulous place to stay and easy access to all tourist spots.”
Mr Moran 2021
” Great base for local walks – the information in the house was excellent for exploring nearby landmarks such a Nordy Bank and Brown Clee Hill. Ludlow and other local towns such as Church Stretton are in easy reach and well worth visiting.”
Mr Gibbons 2021
“We will certainly return.”
Mr Griffiths-Marks 2021
” Beautifully converted into accommodation.”
” A very neat Methodist chapel from 1842 turned into a good holiday let in a small village. Ample parking space next to the house. Tranquil surroundings. Good location to enjoy the Shropshire hills.”
Mr Glover 2020
” The location is great , within easy reach of the historic town of Ludlow, local pubs and restaurants are in abundance with good quality food. We wanted a quiet location.”
Philippa A – 2020
” Lovely accommodation ,relaxing place to stay. Good base to travel from to visit neighbouring towns villages and castles!”
Mrs Armson – 2020
” Good location on that good base to travel to neighbouring towns, villages and land marks.”
Mr Courtney – 2019
” Spent 3 lovely days and nights in the chapel and really enjoyed a relaxing time. Highlight for us was sitting on the raised decking watching the rabbits and other wildlife while enjoying a lovely glass of wine.”
Mr Evans – 2019
” Great host, couldn’t be more helpful and welcoming. It was lovely to sit out watching the rabbits playing in the field opposite, and seeing birds of all kinds. Well recommended for a relaxing break.”
Mr Donovan – 2019
“Fantastic historic chapel in a wonderful rural location with easy access to the countryside and all that Shropshire has to offer”
Mrs Redwood – 2019
“This was the lovely home from home we needed for a stress free stay. The chapel had everything and more – wish we could have stayed longer, the only downfall was we had to leave.”
Mrs Rich, August 2018
“Stunning, well equipped converted chapel, in a beautiful part of the country. Wouldn’t hesitate to book here again.”
Mr Ayling, August 2018
“Superb spot in easy reach of Ludlow.”